Magic Dobby Mechanical Loom
Regular price $265.00
The Magic Dobby can be used as a table loom or a floor loom when supported by the stand.
- The sides can be folded in for transport.
- It is 24 shafts, which is a very efficient use of space,
- As a table loom, it doesn't have the mechanical advantages of the moving back beam, as on other larger Louet looms, to open a wider shed, so the shed is smaller, but accurate and functional, and the more shafts you need to lift, the more effort you need to make.
- The program bars are easy to peg, with one bar per pick of your liftplan. The bars are then joined to form a loop and placed on the loom.
- The loop advances with each lift. 30 program bars are included with your Mechanical Dobby
When you purchase a Magic Mechanical Dobby loom, consider ordering Weaving Accessories,
- Bench - height 57 cm (22 3/8”)
- Second warp beam with back beam, to be placed in the stand
- Standing beater
- Flying Dutchman shuttle, specially developed for this loom
- additional program bars (lots of 10)
- a chain weight for use with longer chains
- additional heddles
- and later an Electronic Dobby.
- Your loom may need to be couriered to your home, as it comes in several large parcels. Please email for a cost before ordering on the website
- We can assemble your loom for you, or you can assemble it yourself with the instructions that are included. It is best to assemble it with a friend.
- Read our terms and conditions
- Read the Blog page on Magic Dobby, as it gives more information on the Magic Dobby from the Louet website..
- prices are being updated, email for a quote.