Carder has an 19cm (71/2") wide drum for large carding capacity
There are 2 types
Louet Standard drum carder (Extra Fine carding cloth 72 teeth per square inch) perfectly card fine fibers as well as other coarser fibres
Louet Classic drum carder (Fine cloth of 46 teeth per sq inch) for medium to long fibres, making batts quickly for felting, easily cards wool
The Louet drum carders
- are made of laminated birch
- and have a hard white coating to ensure a long life,
- have teeth made of high grade plated steel wire.
are fully assembled and come with two clamps, cleaning brush, and doffer
- use a gear drive, there are no belts to slip or wear out.
- The gear box is enclosed to prevent fibres entering the gear system
- An instruction manual written by well known author and fiber artist Deb Menz is included with all drumcarders
These 19cm wide drum carders
- make a big batt of about 19 x 75 cm (8 by 30 inches).
- have intermeshing teeth for great carding performance.You can card fibers without pre-teasing. Fibre can be fed directly into the licker-in (feeder drum)
- the extra high, flexible teeth allow for a heavier batt than other drum carders as well as a high carding efficiency.
For drumcarders it is common to mention the gear ratio that drives the licker-in when you rotate the large drum.
However, what really counts for carding is the ratio of the surface speed of both drums. You get this by multiplying the gear ratio with the ratio of the diameters of the large drum and the licker-in. This surface speed ratio is 9:1 for the Classic and 12:1 for the Standard and Junior drumcarder.
- Drum is 19 cm 71/2" wide and 26.5 cm in diameter
- Teeth are 11 mm (3/8") deep
- Card approximately 30 grams (1 ounce) per batt
- Weight 7 kg (16 pounds)
- Carding teeth flexible
Read the blog post on Louet Drumcarders for additional information.
Price listed is a guide, and can vary with the exchange rate. Contact us for a fixed price.