The Louet Roving Carder
- has fine carding cloth,
- has long, flexible teeth, which allows a heavier batt to be made.
- has a 10cm (four inch) wide drum
- makes a batt of about 10 x75cm (4 by 30 inches) similar in width to a commercial roving..
- has strong enclosed gears for smooth and easy operation.
- Requires no lubrication
- Requires no adjustment of any kind
- has no belts that wear out or slip
If you card fibers occasionally or card for small projects, the Louet Roving Carder is a great way to start drum carding.
- You can also thoroughly blend colors for heather yarn
- It is perfect to card fibers for small projects like for socks, hats and scarves. .
- It has the same carding cloth and solid construction as the Standard Louet Drum Carder,
Drum is 10 cm (4") wide and 26.5 cm (10 1/2") in diameter
- Surface speed ratio is 12:1
- Teeth are spaced at 72 teeth/sq inch
Teeth are 11 mm (3/8") deep
Card approximately 15 grams (1/2 ounce) per batt
Weight 6 kg (13 pounds)
- Carding teeth are flexible
- No pre-teasing needed
- Table Clamps, Doffer Brush and Doffer Pin included
The Louet drum carders
- are made of laminated birch
- have a hard white coating.
- In order to ensure a long life, the teeth on all Louet carders are made of high grade plated steel wire.
- The gearbox is enclosed to prevent fibers entering the gear system.
Read the blog on DrumCarders
Price listed is a guide, and can vary with the exchange rate. Contact us for a fixed price