- are made of tulip wood, a Dutch Poplar variety.
- are light weight handcarders
- have a curved back and ergonomic handles that fit comfortably in your hands.
- The 19 x 10 cm (7 1/2” x 4”) handcarders are available in fine (46 teeth per inch) suitable for fine wool and all sorts of medium to coarse fibres
- the 19 x 10 cm (7 1/2” x 4”) handcarders are available in extra fine cloth (cotton carders, 110 teeth per inch); suitable for extra fine fibres
- the 10 x 10 cm (4” x 4”) handcarders are only available in extra fine cloth. These mini ones are half size for small projects and ideal for people with wrist problems
The flicker (6 x 10 cm, 2 3/8” x 4”) is a handy tool used to tease locks of fiber in preparation for spinning.
In order to ensure a long life, the teeth on all Louët carders are made of high grade plated steel wire.