Megado Dobby loom- Mechanical and Electronic
All of these looms are marked as "email for a quote" as we order these looms in as required
The Megado is a low line loom which is easy to use and light to treadle
When looking to purchase a Megado loom, you buy a loom body and then a lifting mechanism.
The loom body
- is available as 40, 70, 90, 110 and 130 cm weaving widths
- is available as 16 or 32 shafts in each width.
- has a rising back beam which creates a shed similar to a countermarche loom
- has great warp tension, even when using inelastic yarn, because of its moving front beam
The lifting mechanism
- a mechanical dobby or
- an electronic dobby
The Megado with a Mechanical dobby + additional lags
- includes 60 program bars / lags with the initial purchase
- additional lags can be purchased with your order... (1 lag is needed for every pick of your pattern repeat)
- can be upgraded to an electronic dobby at a future date.
- you usually use one foot to move the dobby on one position and one foot to press the pedal down to raise the shed... 2 actions for each pick
The Megado with an Electronic Dobby + software for interface.
- is a dream to weave on- you can weave pattern as fast as you can weave plain weave.
- As you press the pedal down the shed opens. As the pedal rises the solenoids for the next shed is activated... one action for each pick
- you will probably need to upgrade your weaving software to include the loom drivers.
The computer and software pictured are not included with the Megado loom, they are provided by the purchaser.
Yes they are expensive, but look at it as just a few years fees at the local golf course, and imagine your equivalent enjoyment!!! They are great to use.
Please email for a quote. The prices have GST added to them for Megado looms but some transport costs from Holland may be added.
When ordering a Megado you should also consider whether you want some Weaving Accessories
- Adjustable bench - 59-72 cm (23 1/4”-28 3/8”)
- Tilting set for bench
- Second warp beam with back beam
- Sectional warp beam
- Flying Dutchman shuttle
- Fly shuttle device
- Treadle height adjusting blocks
- additional heddles
- Your loom may need to be couriered to your home, as it comes in several large parcels. Please email for a cost before ordering on the website
- We can assemble your loom for you, or you can assemble it yourself with the instructions that are included. It is best to assemble it with a friend.
- Read our terms and condition
Prices are often being updated, email for a quote.