The Spring loom
- is great for weaving fabric, scarves and wraps
- is a parallel countermarche loom and very light to treadle
- there is no clashing of lams as the lams are parallel to the shaft bars, and extend across the width of the loom
- each treadle requires a similar effort no matter what its position across the loom
- has a great shed, and both the upper and lower threads are tight when the shed is open
- has a shuttle race.
threading is easy as the breast beam and beater are removable and you can sit really close to the heddles to thread
- although it is a countermarche loom and each shaft needs to be tied to fall or to rise for each shed, tie-up is easy... all the texsolv cord is pre-cut and the screws in the pedals are sloped so that the shed is great for all tie-ups... no real thinking or making adjustments to cord length as on other countermarche looms
- it has a frictional brake on the warp beam, and a ratchet and pawl on the cloth beam, making warp tension adjustment or moving the warp forward, easy
- comes in widths of 90cm and 110cm, in 8 shafts, and with an extension kit, 12 shafts.
When ordering your Spring loom, consider ordering your weaving accessories
- Extension set of four shafts and four treadles to make a 12 shaft loom
- Bench - height 57 cm (22 3/8”)
- Second warp beam with back beam
- Sectional warp beam
- Flying Dutchman shuttle
- Fly shuttle device
- additional heddles for weaves like Summer and Winter and Lace which require extra heddles on shafts 1 and 2
- Your loom may need to be couriered to your home, as it comes in several large parcels. Please email for a cost before ordering on the website
We can assemble your loom for you, or you can assemble it yourself with the instructions that are included. It is best to assemble it with a friend.
- Read our terms and conditions
- Read the Blog page on Spring as it gives more information on the Spring and the parallel countermarche system from the Louet website..
Prices vary with the exchange rate. GST has been added to the prices below... email for a quote.