The David 2
- has a large shed and a beater with a shuttle race
- has a sliding beater which beats in each pick with the same angle on the beater... the beat is easy to get even
- beater is adjustable in height
- is a falling shed floor loom.i.e shafts tied to the pedals are pulled down as the pedal is pressed.
- is easy to tie up, using one tie for each shaft required, same as a jack loom
- changes in tie-up are easy to do
- treadling is very light
threading is easy as the breast beam and reed are removable and you can sit really close to the heddles to thread
- it has a frictional brake on the warp beam, and a ratchet and pawl on the cloth beam, making warp tension adjustment or moving the warp forward, easy
- is available in two weaving widths 70cm and 90cm
- is a great way to move from a table loom to a floor loom, and a very functional loom for small apartments
When ordering a David, you may also consider ordering Weaving Accessories.
- Bench - height 57 cm (22 3/8”)
- Second warp beam with back beam
- Sectional warp beam
- Flying Dutchman shuttle
- additional heddles
- The prices below are a good guide, but do vary as the Australian dollar rises and falls.
Your loom may need to be couriered to your home, as it comes in several large parcels. (Courier costs to Victoria are approx $150, to Adelaide approx $160) Insurance is included with courier costs. Please email for a cost before ordering
- We can assemble your loom for you, or you can assemble it yourself with the instructions that are included. It is best to assemble it with a friend.
- Read our terms and conditions
- Read the Blog page on David 2 as it gives more information on the David from the Louet website..